Business Development Manager- Commercial
SiteOne Landscape Supply
Long Island ,NY ,USA ,11767 , Long Island , NY - 11767
The Role - Business Development Manager - Commercial
Drives commercial sales on Long Island, NY. Works with counterparts in the market to sell the total SiteOne solution including irrigation, nursery, hardscapes, stormwater management, landscape material, and jobsite furnishings to commercial landscape contractors. Builds jobsite relationships and manages projects through their entirety to maximize sales opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sells to commercial landscape contractors and manages the sales pipeline within a larger, more complex construction market.
- Grows revenue with existing customers and leverages those relationships to identify other customer leads and opportunities focusing on the commercial segment.
- Builds relationships with General Contractors to position SiteOne customers to win business on large construction projects.
- Builds relationships with Landscape Architects to create spec opportunities on new construction projects.
- Works closely with the Project Services team on irrigation designs, material takeoffs, and submittals for contractors.
- Communicates, supports, and manages company sales and marketing programs to the existing and potential customer base within the assigned area or market.
- Maintains knowledge and awareness of the competition, market size and market conditions and trends within the assigned market.
- Maintains consistent communication with the local branches and area management team.
- Supports the industry via participation at local chapter meetings and events and develops a strong working relationship with local suppliers.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Above average knowledge of all landscape products.
- Has an intermediate to expert understanding of the principles and can apply the information to complex situations, solve complex problems, conduct research/break new ground, develop.
new applications, and provide expert support for customers.
- Expert negotiating and selling skills.
- Above average understanding of complex irrigation controls and pumping stations.
- Experienced in the lifecycle of a commercial project.
Formal education or training required to perform the essential functions of the job. Includes degrees, certifications, licenses and/or registration requirements:
Degree in a Business/Management discipline or
equivalent experience. - University Degree (4 years or equivalent)