James River Grounds Management
Portsmouth Va , Portsmouth , VA - 23701
This position is responsible for directly supervising enhancement crew members while on the job site and ensuring that crews work safely and efficiently while delivering quality jobs on time. This position is responsible for development and training; planning, assigning and directing work; material and equipment management and maintenance; addressing and resolving problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads and follows job specifications and drawings including materials and timelines.
- Organizes, schedules, supervises, leads and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and timeframe.
- Complies with equipment preventative maintenance program and manages assigned inventory.
- Ensures that all crew members follow company policies and proceduresWorks with management team to schedule and job cost projects
- Two years of professional landscape installation experience.
- Valid Virginia Drivers License with clean driving record
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English
- Has a general knowledge of horticultural and maintenance practices
- Ability to train others and exercise leadership skills
- Has the ability to plan, organize and direct a team in a manner that uses time efficiently
- General knowledge of irrigation systems
- Can meet the physical demands described here. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- $30K to $40K + Bonus Opportunities
- Health/Dental & Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- 401K after one year of service
To apply for this position please apply online by following the link below: